Monday, May 23, 2011

First timer, no more!!

Two weeks ago (has it been that long already?!?!), we got the email from the builder to say that our building permit had been picked up! I will never forget the moment I checked my email and it popped into my inbox – it hit me like a ton of bricks! My first thought was sheer excitement and the internal peace of knowing that we aren’t going to have to spend 2 years waiting for this place. But another wave of emotions came over me too – we are leaving the little brown house and I find that kind of sad. It’s our first house. We brought our first baby home here. We bought our first “grown-up” furniture to fit this place. I agonized over every little detail and now we are leaving.
One thing that does bring a bit of comfort is the people we sold it to. It’s their first home too so I know that they are just as excited as we were to be moving in here. From the moment they walked in the front door the first time, I could tell – they will take care of it and love it as much as we did. So, in actual fact, it’s like we are passing the torch to the next person. Great. Now I just feel old!

No comments:

Post a Comment