Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I can't find my glue gun!!!!

How is anyone supposed to work under these conditions?!?!

I am writing this post as i wait for the glue to dry on my Christmas wreath for our front door.  I have three glue guns in a box somewhere and I can't find any of them...so i had to use the dreaded white glue!

I am taking this time to reflect on how i want my new crafting/sewing/upholstering room to designed:

I am going to need alot of shelving and labeled containers so i can find something (like my glue guns) quickly and easily...
 
I am envisioning my fabric hung on hangers on a clothing rack system similar to a dress shop.  I haven't decided whether i will organize it by type or by colour...

I want a bulletin board type wall thing so i can display my ideas, size charts and notes...
kdvdesign.blogspot.com
I am going to get a filing cabinet and go through all of my patterns.  I will put the pieces in a manilla envelope with the pattern number clearly written on it and then put the actual envelope or picture of the garment in a plastic sleeve in a binder with the number so i don't have to lug out ten boxes trying to find what i am looking for...AND i want to get a book shelf for all my books...
tartecitron.blogspot.com

I would love to have my own laptop or computer so i can set up my pattern making software and printer.  (and an update to this - i got a silhouette cameo for Christmas!!) So i guess that means i will need a computer station...
craftaholicsanonymous.net



I want to get a really hot iron with lots of steam and i will need a new ironing board for that.

From HGTV


I want lots of light so i can see when i am working on my projects... 

I would love a large work surface so i can roll out a bolt of fabric in one shot and can easily cut out the pieces to whatever it I am making....

I want a spot for my industrial machine, my serger and maybe a new baby - some type of embroidery machine where i can design patterns on my laptop and send them to the machine to be embroidered...

Stating the obvious, i am also going to need some drywall and flooring (preferably laminate or vinyl)...

At this rate, my hubby's man cave is getting smaller by the second!

Ok now back to reality...i am going to have to set up something make-shift until we can finish the basement which will be sometime next year because i have a ton of sewing to do!

---
With everything going on, I forgot to post this before Xmas...here is an update on my wreath:

It took 72 hours for the white glue to dry.  It was the longest 3 days ever...L kept trying to play with the "pretty Christmas tree" and I had to do my best not to do the same, but i think in the end it was worth it!

Voila: my wreath


No comments:

Post a Comment