Thursday, February 4, 2010

Introductions

Hello, my name is Jennifer and i am a DIY addict.

I can't really say when it all started...

...Maybe it was at 16 when I went to an office Christmas Party wearing a gorgeous little black dress with a boat neckline in front, plunging to a V in the back and sexy lace cutouts at the waist. I had my hair done up in a french twist and my mom let me borrow her pearls. Very Audrey Hepburn. I thought I looked amazing until a 60 year old co-worker showed up wearing the same dress, trying to pull off the same look. It was mortifying, especially with such a big age difference. I vowed never to show up at a party in something I hadn't made or at least had accessories to change the look of my outfit. This taumatizing event is when my desire for all things unique started.

...Maybe it comes from my parents, who have been married for 32 years and I swear have been doing renovation for at least the last 30. They taught me how to do things on the cheap and yet still make them look good. I think they were the pioneers of kitchen cabinet refacing.

What can I say? I like unique things but they have to be classic so they don't date too quickly. I like expensive things but i am generally way to practical to buy them. This combination makes me very picky and that makes it really hard to find what I like, so i scheme up ways to get what I want. Whether by saving for it or mostly by making it myself.

Now that we have moved into our first home, the monster has been unleashed!

No comments:

Post a Comment